Offered by the Medical Device Reprocessing Association of Ontario (MDRAO).
REGISTRATION RUNS FROM May 15 – Jan 31 EVERY YEAR.
The MDRAO Medical Device Reprocessing Techniques Online Course provides information to support Medical Device Reprocessing staff members in their work in the field of reprocessing.
The information required by staff to ensure their safety and the patient’s safety within healthcare organizations is expanding, as new antibiotic resistant micro-organisms become more prevalent in our society.
Staff require in depth understanding of the principles of decontamination, assembly and sterilization to function effectively, to reduce risk to themselves and the patients. They need to have a basis for critical decision-making when unusual incidents occur.
MDR TECHNIQUES ONLINE COURSE
- This course is open to anyone.
- You do not have to be working in a healthcare setting to take this course.
- This course does not offer any practical component or placement.
- This course is done in a three month time frame.
- The course starts on the 16th and the 1st day of each month.
- Register from the 1st – 15th of the month: Course start date is 16th of the month.
- Register from the 16th to end of the month: Course start date is the 1st of the next month.
The manual and workbook will be mailed to you. A welcome email and instructions will be sent to you once the online registration and payment have been completed and received by the office.
The receipt that will be received will be the confirmation email from PayPal. This is sent to the email you provided when completing the online payment. This receipt is the only receipt you will receive. The office does not keep copies of these receipts. Keep your copy for further use for income tax purposes or reimbursement from your employer. The MDRAO does not provide government receipts for tax purposes. This is a not for profit organization not a college.
The fee of the course is $749 plus HST and shipping. This includes the manual and workbook. There is an additional fee of US $44.50 payable directly to the proctoring company, ProctorU, to take your exam.
REGISTRATION AND COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have Grade 12 education or equivalent (proof may be required).
- Must be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
- Must have access to a webcam. Final exam is written online with an online proctor.
- Must complete all 14 chapters and all online quizzes at the end of every chapter. Each quiz must be complete with a passing mark of 80% to move onto the next chapter. A MDRAO facilitator will be assigned to each student for any assistance regarding the course material. The student will receive an email with the facilitator’s contact information that they are assigned to.
- The course must be completed online in the three-month time frame. No extensions are permitted. Assistance is available with an MDRAO facilitator.
- A mark of 70% must be achieved on the exam. A certificate of completion will be mailed to the address that was provided at the time of registration. It is the students responsibility to notify the office of an address change or a name change. If the office is not notified and the certificate is mailed to the wrong address or the name change has not been made, the student will have to pay a fee of $25.00 plus HST and shipping to receive a new certificate. The certificate is valid for 5 years from the date on the certificate.
- If the exam is not completed successfully, one re-write is permitted. At the end of the exam once the mark is given and if below 70%, a link will be provided to complete the registration and payment of $200.00 to re-write the exam. The student has 14 days from the initial exam to re-write. If the re-write exam is unsuccessful or the student does not wish to re-write, the student cannot register for the course again until after June 1 of the next education year.
- No registration refunds or substitutions for registered students will be permitted. All payments are final and non-refundable. Once you pay for the course, you shall not be given a refund. You shall not be given a refund if you fail to complete the course or fail to write the final exam within the three month time frame, due to any circumstances, including your own failure to complete the course work.