Offered by the Medical Device Reprocessing Association of Ontario (MDRAO).
REGISTRATION RUNS FROM JUNE 1 – FEB 1 EVERY YEAR
This course is open to anyone that works in reprocessing and holds a previous certificate dated within the last 5 years. If your certificate is older than 5 years then you must register for the online course. This course is done in a three month time frame. The starting date of the course is the day you register for the course.
The Refresher Course may be purchased with or without the MDRAO manual and workbook. The fee to purchase the course WITHOUT the books is $265.00 plus HST. The fee to purchase the course WITH the book is $425.00 plus HST and shipping.
The manual and workbook will be mailed to you. A welcome email and instructions will also be emailed to you once the online registration and payment have been completed and received by the office.
The receipt that will be received will be the confirmation email from PayPal. This is to the email you provided when completing the online payment. This receipt is the only receipt you will receive. The office does not keep copies of these receipts. Keep your copy for further use for income tax purposes or reimbursement from your employer. The MDRAO does not provide government receipts for tax purposes. This is a not for profit organization not a college.
There is an additional fee of US $44.50 payable directly to the proctoring company, ProctorU, to take your exam.
REGISTRATION AND COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Must work in reprocessing and hold a previous certificate dated within the last 5 years
- Must be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
- Must have access to a webcam. Final exam is written online with an online proctor. There is no other option to writing the online exam.
- The course must be completed in the three-month time frame. No extensions are permitted. The start date of the course is the students registration date.
- A mark of 70% must be achieved on the exam. A certificate of completion will be emailed to the email address that was provided at the time of registration. The certificate is valid for 5 years from the date on the certificate.
- If the exam is not completed successfully, one re-write is permitted. At the end of the exam once the mark is given and if below 70%, a link will be provided to complete the registration and payment of $200.00 to re-write the exam. The student has 14 days from the initial exam to re-write. If the re-write exam is unsuccessful or the student does not wish to re-write, the student cannot register for the course again until after June 1.
- No registration refunds or substitutions for registered students will be permitted. All payments are final and non-refundable. Once you pay for the course, you shall not be given a refund. You shall not be given a refund if you fail to complete the course or fail to write the final exam within the three month time frame, due to any circumstances, including your own failure to complete the course work.